Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Message From Mia Herself





Hello everyone out there. Daddy and i have just read all the beautiful messages that you have all been writing on here and facebook. It is now 9pm Sunday night and my operation was on Friday. I would like to also thank everone for the beautiful presents and things. The nurses here are very nice and i am a little bit sore.
Just got to have my first taste of "Warfarin" which helps to thin my blood. It tasted disgusting. Dad and i are now working out the best way of taking it moving forward considering it is a permanent part of my life now. We are thinking chocolate topping or something else yummy.
Here i am with my friend Tam, my beautiful teddy and balloon from Marg and Jane, and my beautiful handcrafted quilt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see a smile on Mia's face, and to see lots of the tubes etc gone. She is clearly a little fighter and looks like she is improving every day. I am sure there are still many long and tiring days ahead, stay strong. Thimking of you. Love the Foletta's xx

NickyT said...

Lovely to hear from Mia herself. When I was little (a long time ago Mia) I used to take pills that tasted nasty in a spoonful of marmalade or jam. Well done brave girl. Hope the soreness gets better soon. Lots of love
Jonathan & Nicky xx (PS J has just gone over to France this evening to drive to Amsterdam to pick up his Mum and her friend and friend's daughter who have got stuck there because of the lack of flying due to volcanic ash...Due back with them tomorrow)

Caroline said...

Mia

When I was little, my Mummy (Nicky) used to give me pills, that tasted nasty, in marmalade, but she didn't really know that I didn't really like marmalade, so I think chocolate topping or something that you really like sounds like a really good idea... I think sprinkles were high on the list of things that you liked when we came to see you, so maybe they'd be good.

If your Mummy and Daddy think that there are any good treats from England that would taste good with warfarin, ask them to let me know and I'll put some in the post (might wait until airmail starts again).

Lots of love
Caroline
PS I had marmalade on my toast this morning, I learnt to like it eventually!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mia,
Lovely to see you are feeling a litle better each day. Maybe you could call your warfrin & chocolate topping mix Butterfly Nectar then it won't taste so bad.:-)
Lots of Love
The Bruny Lot

Unknown said...

So happy that all went well,We have been thinking of you all and sending you all our Kiwi love.
Bron,Fraser and Ruby

Anonymous said...

Hello Mia, Lyndall& Rich, How are you all standing up to all this stress,Lack of sleep, long hours,keeping us in the loop...you are all just wonderful& we "thankyou"
Keep up the good work Mia you are doing such a good job for a brave,brave little girl.LOts of love Marg & Jane XoXo6.40pm.