Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Heart Kids Victoria

Heartkids is a foundation run through the Royal Children's Hospital. From its website, its aims are to;

To meet the needs of children and young adults with a congenital or childhood acquired heart disease, by providing non-medical understanding, support and information to them and their families. To raise community awareness in order to reach other families and encourage the community to be more understanding of the needs of those affected by heart conditions.
To raise funds that will increase parent and patient comfort at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne and at other hospitals where cardiac children are treated.
To raise funds for paediatric cardiac research at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, in the hope that more children with heart defects survive and lead an improved quality of life.

Memberships are open for patients and families, but also as a "Friend of Heartkids". For more information regarding heartkids and to download friends of heartkids membership forms, see their website.

Cheers!
http://www.heartkids.org.au

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndall, Richard and Mia

Nicky just emailed me to say that her niece is in RCH with a heart condition, it always astounds me when I find out those close to us have a child with CHD. Mia is adorable and I am so glad to read she is doing well. I am at the hospital frequently and I do recognise you Lyndall from the photo's and I am sure you will know me when I come to visit you tomorrow. I will be at RCH tomorrow afternoon and will come to the ward to find you. My heartchild, Ben was actually in for three days last week, amazing that I didn't pass Nicky in the corridor.

Warmest wishes
Alison